6/6/12

Window Shopping Wednesday- Art

Spring and summer really, REALLY make me want to go shopping. I've been having a hard time keeping my wallet in my pocket lately, and for some reason I keep wanting to get my wallet out to pay for some art.

It's not for very expensive, "La-Ti-Da" art, but I have a hankering for art. I haven't really spent much on art in my life. Maybe because I'm going to turn 30 soon is making me think I need some more grown up visuals on my walls?

Here's what's gotten' me drooling lately . . .
If I had children I would be all over these.
The wood print made out of animal silhouettes is beyond charming.
If I had a boy I would be all over that Rocket Print. Love the colors, love the graphics.
For a girl I would love that elephant print! It gets my imagination going.
Let's be honest, the Star Wars poster is for Jeff and I, but it'd still look cute in a nursery.
1, 2, 3, 4
I want these for me. The first scene I could see going in our hallway as just a happy little print.
I've wanted that Shore wording picture for almost a year. I should just really get it!
The Whippet print looks almost EXACTLY like Scout. Down to the spots on her nose!
I want that old WPA Zion poster for our office. It combines 3 of my favorite things- history: because it's a WPA poster, hiking: because I love to hike Zion, and travel: WPA posters were created to make people want to travel after the war.
1, 2, 3, 4
Who doesn't love a good map? These two would look wonderful in the office. I wish I could have them both, but they are some of the priciest pieces of art on the page!
1, 2
These last two maps are my favorite. I can imagine both very easily in our guest bedroom, but they are so pretty that I would hang them anywhere. Please, oh please, be mine!
1, 2


Window shopping online can be really fun, but come summer, and nearing my birthday, it really is hard not to pull the trigger and purchase one of these guys. Who knows, maybe I will someday. Maybe I'll get myself a birthday gift this year!

No comments: