Well, it's that time to see how I actually ended up doing on my 30 x 30 goals.
So, I didn’t get my list done. That’s okay. I still think I did a lot more than I would have without making the goals. Jeff says it’s better to aim for the moon and miss than to aim for the ground.
So here is what I missed:
5) Lose 20 lbs, feel more fit. Lazy
12) Print the disposable camera pictures from our wedding- Didn’t print due to budgetary constraints.
14) Complete 5 crafts from the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts. Lazy.
15) Find at least 5 go-to recipes from "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cook Book." Lazy.
17) Write, record, memorialize my grandparents history. Started, not finished.
19) Decide if I'm going back to school and for what. I decided I can’t decide until at least Jeff is done with school. One person at a time.
25) Get preggo. Working on it, may take some time.
26) If preggo, decorate the cutest nursery ever! Maybe I will get to someday :)
29) Learn how to play my favorite piano song from the Sense and Sensibility movie. Lazy . . . and I have no piano.
Here is what I did that WASN’T on my list:
-Get a new job! (Tell you about it later)
-Paint the guest bathroom,
-Re-do the flooring after our flood (okay, technically Jeff did the work, but I picked the flooring out.)
-Decorate the guest bedroom,
-Upgrade our patio furniture,
-Finally buy a rug for the living room,
-Get a DOG, Scout!
And I’m sure I did lots of other stuff too. I was busy to say the least. I like making goals and would like to do something like this for this next year too, but am not sure what to do. I learned a lot about making goals for the future. Instead of trying to do 5 things from such and such, I need to just start with doing 1 thing. I also need to be more specific in some instances, like "pray more" and more vague in other areas.
This year I was thinking of making a list of things to accomplish each month instead of doing 31 things. I also thought about just trying to do 31 acts of service. Not sure where I’ll end up, and again, I may not succeed at everything, but I’ll do better than if I make no goals at all. I’ll keep you posted.
The next night, on my actual birthday, we went to Bahama Breeze. It's a classic family favorite and is conveniently located by the Hard Rock. After dinner we went back to our hotel room and opened gifts from the family with some ice cream cake.
The main event though, and the reason for picking Hard Rock Hotel (along with the killer deal scored on Groupon) was for this . . .
Also took some sweet pic on the glass bottom pool . . .
But after 3 days of swimming it was time to go and celebrate Independence Day. I thanked the Hard Rock for giving me one of my best birthdays ever! (Really only surpassed by my 19th Birthday in Hawaii.) And we went to Jeff's parents house to finish off the festivities.
Jeff's brother Spencer made his famous hamburgers (he makes the best hamburgers I've ever tasted), I got more gifts, we ate yummy food, Jeff swam some more, and we set off some fireworks.
Seriously, I could not have asked for a better birthday. it was so much fun! Somewhere in all that swimming we also fit in playing some dart, a few games of pool, movies, and exploring that huge rain shower and ginormous bathtub at the hotel. I think staycations are going to become a new tradition at the Bame house!
I am turning 30 this week. It really sucks, which is why I call it the dirty thirty. Dirty ol' rotten birthday is taking away my 20's- which were great. Hope that my 30's are even better!
I am out celebrating with my hubster. I'll be back later this month with birthday pic and hopefully Sage's graduation pics. Have a great Independance Day!