1/19/12

New Years Resolution?

I don't really do New Years resolutions (mostly because it is just setting myself up to fail), but if I did do resolutions, there are a few goals that have been on my mind lately.

It's not like there are little voices inside my head at the beginning of the new year encouraging me to better myself or take on new goals, seriously, that is completely NOT happening to me. Totally above and beyond that at this stage in my life. I'm not finally giving in and making a fitness board on Pinterest, and I'm definitely not writing secret lists of projects I should complete.

{Pic}


But if I were making New Years Resolutions they'd look something like the list below.

1) Be better with my diet:

Breakfast- Diversify to more than toast or skipping it! I'd love to start making a protein shake for Jeff and I in the morning. If I could make them a couple days in advance and freeze them it'd save me some time in the morning.

Lunch- I plan to always keep at least three different options on hand (my favs are salad, soup, and I'll admit it, lunchables). Keeping it simple with different food traits (cold, warm, fun, quick) will help me actually have something I want to eat everyday. . . hopefully.

Dinner- Okay, I have something really sad to admit, I don't really cook. Like at all. It's not that I can't cook, it's just that Jeff is soooo much better at it then I am. Jeff has been working a lot more nights lately, so my goal is to cook dinner at least one night a week. Stop it with the cereal already lady! I hope I can start out with just one night and keep to it.

2) Another food related goal is to not eat after 8pm. No more nighttime munching.

3) Next goal on my mind is decreasing my TV viewing, so my goal is to not turn on the TV until at least 7 at night. The first hour I get home I have to do my chores! I can turn on music or the radio, but no more TV distracting me.

4) Lastly, my final goal is to make something with my hands at least once a month. Now I am well aware that I am not a crafty or talented person, but that doesn't mean I can't be. I really enjoy making things, even if no one would ever want it but me. It just makes me happy. And how do I think I 'll improve if I don't practice anyway?

So there it is, my list of non-new year resolution thoughts. If these were ACTUAL resolutions, I'm glad I kept them so simple and easy, increasing my chances of sticking to them. That would be so smart of me.

In other news that may be only exciting to me, I have someone looking at the computer today. I am crossing my fingers that it is an easy fix so I can have my computer back and upload all my Christmas pictures finally!

No comments: