2/13/09

Jeff's belated 2008 END OF THE YEAR MIX

I finally brought Jeff's IPOD into work with me today. Here is Jeff's annual end of the year mix he made for 2008. It includes all his favorite songs that were released last year.

It Takes More:

1) I Woke Up Today - Port O'Brein
2) Kids - MGMT
3) The Greatest Man That Ever Lived - Weezer
4) Hair Don't Grow - Annuals
5) Use Somebody- Kings of Leon
6) Beautiful - Ian Shane Tyler
7) Dady's Gone- Glasvegas
8) Your New Twin Sized Bed- Death Cab for Cutie
9) About To Walk- Throw Me The Statue
10) Keep Yourself Warm- Frightened Rabbit
11) Dry Lips- Lightspeed Champion
12) Think I Wanna Die- Somebody Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
13) Constructive Summer- The Hold Steady
14) The Girl- City and Colour
15) After Hours- We Are Scientists
16) Over and Out- Alkaline Trio
17) Paper Planes- MIA
18) More News From Nowhere- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

My favorite songs on the list are "I Woke Up Today," "The Girl" & "After Hours." Jeff and I found Port O'Brein at a show we went to in San Diego. We were there for a second honeymoon and stopped by the local Beauty Bar to see Somebody Still Loves You Boirs Nelson and Port O'Brein was the opening act. That was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to. Their energy was amazing, we fell in love with them and snatched up a CD.

My other two favorites are just great songs. I love both the bands and these songs were definately the highlights on their new albums. I love these end of the year mixes that Jeff makes. They are like little soundtracks to what we've been listening to the last year and almost every song brings back memeories of a time, place or day we've had.

No comments: